If anyone’s looking to start writing, check out the below:
- If you plan to outline, I have a couple favorite resources:
- If you need motivation to get that manuscript written, check out NaNoWriMo. It short for National Novel Writing Month. It’s an all out blitz of 50k words during November. It’s hard, but doable. Sign up here.
- If you’re done writing (and editing) and are looking to start querying, check out the following resources:
- Janet Reid as the Query Shark – vicious chomping of queries which writers willingly submit. Some of the reviews are brutal, but the lady knows what’s up.
- Query Tracker – great resource of agents that you can sort by location, genre, etc. Check it out here.
- MSWL – Manuscript Wish List is a great place to research agents to query. View the full list of agents and editors here. Also check #MSWL on Twitter.
I found this great post that breaks down the flow of writing a novel for beginners. It has some great links and heavily emphasizes the use of Beta readers. Check it out:http://www.yahighway.com/2012/06/almost-everything-you-need-to-know-to.html
Finally, I can tell you critique partners are invaluable resources. Working with others will only make you a better writer and a better editor.